MerryMen Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MerryMen Forums

The Official Forum for the Merry Man!

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew postsLog in

Ancient Map, forgery or Real?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
John Smith
John Smith

Male Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Ancient Map, forgery or Real? Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 pm

A recent study on the Vinland map, a famous Swedish map, that if real, proves that other European nations knew of the existence of the America's before Columbus' adventures. The map was first uncovered in the 1950's, and was publicly announced by Yale University in 1965. Since then however there have been numerous more tests carried out on the map, some saying it is genuine, others refuting this claim. (See this Wikipedia article)

However the results of the most recent test, performed by Dutch expert, Rene Larson, have said that the map is indeed genuine.

The actual content of the map, namely that the Vikings had discovered, and founded a colony on the America's is not disputed with other evidence proving it, but the importance of this map, is that it shows other European nations had knowledge of America, over 50 years before Columbus' voyage.
Back to top Go down
Bybib
Co - Administrator
Co - Administrator
Bybib

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Interesting. I wonder why some tests said yes and others said no.
Back to top Go down
http://Forum.fayntic.com
John Smith
John Smith

Male Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 am

Depends on who you ask, but there is always a lot of controversy on what part you analyse, and both sides have said the other chose a poor sample.
Back to top Go down
Bybib
Co - Administrator
Co - Administrator
Bybib

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 am

I say give them all a sample from the same area right in front of them and then let them test in the same room LOl
Back to top Go down
http://Forum.fayntic.com
DarthStuv
DarthStuv

Female Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

They probably got bribed to say one thing or another... Maybe...
Back to top Go down
Ogg
Promotion Staff
Promotion Staff
Ogg

Male Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm

DarthStuv wrote:
They probably got bribed to say one thing or another... Maybe...

Money tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Map, forgery or Real?   Ancient Map, forgery or Real? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Map, forgery or Real?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MerryMen Forums :: Chit Chat :: News, Politics and Current Events-
Jump to: